Senate to get techy next year
Internet News reports that the Senate Commerce Committee will hold a number of hearings on internet and communications issues early next year: Senate Sets Ambitious Tech Schedule: "Signaling its intent to focus on Internet and telecom issues next year, the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee plans to hold 14 hearings on a wide variety of technology topics between January and March."
I'll try to cover these as much as possible. Maybe it's time to consider finding a sponsorship to underwrite complete coverage…
Committe on Commerce, Science & Transportation upcoming hearings:
- 1/19 - Decency
- 1/19 - Internet Pornography
- 1/24 - Broadcast and Audio Flag
- 1/31 - Broadcast and Audio Flag
- 2/7 - Net Neutrality
- 2/14 - State and Local Issues and Municipal Networks
- 3/2 - Wireless issues/spectrum reform
- 3/14 - Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- 3/14 - Wall Street's Perspective on Telecommunications
Previously: Fair Use in the Internet Age, Broadcast Flag and the Analog Hole, Protecting Copyright and Innovation in a Post-Grokster World.