Clean Flicks discussion in the House
Last week, the House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection held hearings on Editing Hollywood’s Editors: Cleaning Flicks for Families.
- Mr. Bill Aho, Chief Executive Officer, ClearPlay Inc.
- Mr. Allan L. Erb, President, CleanFlicks Media, Inc.
- Mr. John Feehery, Executive Vice President, External Affairs, Motion Picture Association of America
- Ms. Robin Bronk Executive Director, The Creative Coalition
- Mr. Jason Schultz, Staff Attorney, Electronic Frontier Foundation
This summer, a federal district judge ruled that creating and distributing edited versions of films to "sanitize" the films to make them more "family-friendly" constitutes copyright infringement as a matter of law under the §106(1) right of reproduction and 106(3) right of distribution. Clean Flicks of Colorado v. Soderbergh, 02-cv-01662-RPM (D. Colo. 7/6/06).
Previously: Clean Flicks.